Saturday, February 14, 2009

Homemade Hamberger Supreme

This is a favorite of my young girls. I feel it is a better option than box versions because some of them have MSG and other perservatives in their spice packages. If I want to be extra healthy I will sub wheat macaroni. If I want it to be spicier I will sub in Rotel tomatoes. Play with it to fit your family's taste buds and enjoy this on a family night--maybe even make it a family game night! :)

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
3/4 cup uncooked macaroni, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 bay leaf
1/4 t tarragon (can sub thyme or basil)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 can Cream of mushroom soup

Brown ground beef with celery, chopped onion, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, tarragon, salt and pepper. Mix soup into beef mixture. Add to large casserole dish. Then add the tomatoes, the macaroni, and top with shredded cheese and parsley. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment