Friday, February 13, 2009

Broccoli Supreme

This is a family favorite. My sister-in-law's mom would make this for every holiday gathering and there were never any leftovers. I've made some changes to it for ease (I've never been able to get the bread crumbs for the top to be crumbly following her recipe) and just the fact that the garlic cheese roll is very difficult to find when you live in the middle of nowhere. :) So, since I lack the mad cooking skills to make it her way, I've made it my own. I've included her recipe with notations of my subsitutions. Oh, one last alteration that I've recently made is adding cooked chicken to make it a main dish rather than a side dish. Hopefully, you enjoy this as much as we always have.

1 stick Butter
1/2 C chopped Onion
2 stalks Celery, chopped
1 C Bread crumbs
1 roll Garlic cheese (sub cheese soup)
2 10oz. boxes Chopped Broccoli
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 small can chopped Mushrooms (sub fresh mushrooms)

Saute onions and celery in butter. Add frozen broccoli. Simmer 15 mins. Add soup, mushrooms, cheese, and 1/2 C bread crumbs. Pour into ungreased casserole dish. Spirnkle remaining crumbs over top. (Keep a small piece of cheese and mix with 1/2 C bread crumbs, add a little butter.) Bake at 350 for 30 mins. Makes 8-10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment