Monday, January 12, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

This is a recipe that I developed through Ryan's family recipe and web research, which is my usual method of creating yummy meals. Also, all of my measurements are estimations as I like to prepare my meals as quickly as I can. Enjoy!

3 boneless skinless Chicken breast
1 Onion
2 stalks Celery
2 cloves garlic
1 can Cream of Chicken
1 can Cream of Mushroom (or Cream of Celery if you omit fresh celery or you don't like mushrooms)
1/4 cup 1/2-n-1/2
1 small package (about 6 oz.) of peas and carrots
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
1 large can (10) biscuts

Brown chicken. (I usually season my chicken with lemon pepper and/or cajin seasoning b/c we like a little bite.) Bake buscits. (I do this because the bottoms don't bake when I've try to bake them with the sauce. So, I end up baking them 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.) Add fresh veggies to sautee. Add soups and thin with the 1/2-n 1/2 just enough to incorporate soups. Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Add frozen veggies. Warm though. Transfer to baking dish. Top with biscuts. Cover and Bake 20 mins. Uncover for 5 mins or so to allow biscuts to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment